Sunday, August 27, 2017

Twitch: Can it be helpful to those wrestling fans who can not watch due to payment?

Note: Please understand, this is no bashing. This is something that I observed and being a Twitch Streamer myself, let me put my spin on it.

So, my notifications on twitter goes off. Cherry Bomb or if you want to call her by her Global Force Wrestling name, Allie, was really concerned about a fellow wrestler, Courtney Rush, or her GFW name, Rosemary, got injured at the AAA Triplemania XXV show. I am sure she know by seeing the tweets on Twitter, or there might be a theory: She could have a Twitch account!

I am sure you are wondering: Lindsie, Twitch is a streaming site that host gamers! They are a rival to YouTube! Why can't anyone watch it on YouTube?

Well...Twitch is mostly for gamers, but, AAA, the Lucha Libre wrestling company in Mexico is the first wrestling company to have a Twitch account and be a Twitch Partner, just to air AAA's big shows for free. They are being paid with advertisements and subscriptions. However, a fee weeks ago, Wrestle Circus, the Texas Wrestling promotion, just became a Twitch Partner too. I know that Twitch does not only host gamers, but, beyond it. I am on Twitch with an account, but, I am kinda working on becoming a Twitch partner. I am not there yet, because there are certain rules to become a Twitch Partner.

In order to become a Twitch Partner, which includes being verified, you need to be streaming regularly 3 times a week, which it would be requiring a schedule, a steady viewership. The perks of this does come in well. There is a subscription fee for those who subscribe, so, if you can't afford, you can still follow that person, until you can. Subscriptions goes at $4.99USD, $9.99USD, and $24.99USD or you can go free if you become a Twitch Prime member, which you become an Amazon Prime member too. You become a Prime member when you try it for free 30 days before paying $10.99USD per month. This way, you can easily support any of your favorite Twitch Streamers that are partner, you get in-game loot, Ad-free viewing to any Twitch partners, discounts on pre-release box games, watch movies, tv, and songs that are on Amazon for free, and two-day free shipping on Amazon. However, if you are an Amazon Prime member, just connect it with you Twitch account. I believe that will be free when you connect.

Either way, this is really cool and to my opinion, more wrestling promotions or companies who are not in a deal with anyone (FITE TV, FloSports) or have their own services, this is the best way to connect fans. One day, when I become a Twitch Verified Partner, I will support those by being their subscriber.

Did I forget there is a benefit to be a subscriber on Twitch? Yeah, you get cool custom emoticons and also, you can take part in anything that a Twitch Verified Partner can do. Want to see that happen?

Follow me on Twitch (If you already sign up on Twitch, because that's free): Twitch.tv/misslindsiestarr

Until next time,
Lindsie

No comments:

Post a Comment