Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pro Wrestling NOAH Global League is going to be interesting this year

This is going to be my first time blogging about Puroresu on Wrestling Heads and understand that I can barely read Japanese and only words I could read is Chris Hero...yeah, it's a name (I KNOW), so bare with me. I know about what I can take from translations, but, sometimes I can't make heads or tails of what some translations are making sense. But, what I can tell from Pro Wrestling NOAH is the Global League. If you don't understand about the Global League, I will gladly explain it to you.

From what I can tell from a very few good sites including the Pro Wrestling NOAH website, that the Global League is like the Global Tag League, but, this is about singles wrestlers. The tournament is style as a round-robin tournament with points are added by win (2 points), time draw (1 point), or loss (0 point). Depending on how many wrestlers have been announced for the tournament, there will be two blocks, Block A and Block B. Since I went to Wikipedia, there are a total of 16 wrestlers, so there will be 8 wrestlers per block and the points they will win would be a total of a possible 14, if a wrestler can win 2 points each of the 7 wrestlers they are facing. The winner of the tournament will had a title shot for the GHC Heavyweight Title.

But, I said in my title that this year's Global League is going to be interesting. It will be because this year, Lance Hoyt (wrestles as Lance Archer), Harry Smith (wrestles as Davey Boy Smith Jr), and Shelton Benjamin (wrestles as Shelton X Benjamin) are the few foreign wrestlers who will be in this tournament for the first time. Also, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, and Quiet Storm are returning for the second time. That is just the foreigners. There are plenty of native talent, including last year's Global League winner, Takashi Sugiura and the current GHC Heavyweight Champion, Minoru Suzuki, who will be debuting in the Global League. 

If I am going to choose as my choice of who is going to win the Global League this year, it will be Chris Hero. Why? Well, last year, he did well, but, did not had enough points to make it to the finals, but, ever since Chris was in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Battle of Los Angeles making it to the finals of night three, eliminating "Speedball" Mike Bailey, before losing to Zack Sabre Jr, last month, I feel he can do it. It is one of the two tournaments he will be in for the rest of 2015, since the other one that Chris will be part take is the Ted Petty Invitational at IWA Mid-South. It will be his 10th appearance, since 2000, when it was just the Sweet Science Sixteen, which Chris was the first winner of the tournament. I don't know which block Chris will be in for the Global League, but I will know as soon as the announcement is made.

Here is the Wikipedia entry of the Pro Wrestling NOAH Global League 2015: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_League_Tournament#2015

I don't know if I will find any streams for the tournament, but, I will get results for the tournament from my sources.

The tournament will start on October 16th and will concluded on November 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment